Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Software Button in FLEX 6700 SDR to reboot or recycle appliance.

Jack
Jack Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in New Ideas
I am not shouting regarding your ALL CAPS notification. Just whispering. Can you add a wonderful luxery to your already incredible system? A software REBOOT button in the initial CONNECT dialog? I have been quietly anticipating DAX and here it is and wonderful and beautiful to work with. It works very well on modern PC hosts. I am also working backwards upon very old and outdated PC frames and am very very x10 to the 9th power away from the actual rack and or 6700. I cannot access the physical "BUTTON" as one might imagine for the purpose of rebooting the 6700. A software way of recycling the perplexed 6700 from my experiments would be a real positive yield for myself and perhaps others challanged by motor skills. Thanks for taking my call ! NN5F
Tagged:

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Jack, You can do want you want today, perhaps a work around, by cycling the remote power on jack on the rear of the rig. Just build a relay to do what you want. I do understand this isn't what you're asking for, I'm just suggesting an alternative approach. On the RCA jack continuously closed powers on the radio. Open the rca jack and the radio powers off gracefully (normally). You must enable remote power on in the radio settings tab. Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the Information and Sorry for the delayed response. A graceful shutdown / recycle is all I needed and you have proviced one. I should have investigated the hardware with more fervor. 73's
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The hardware solution to this problem is useful, but it's a lot of work to setup.  A bit too often I find it necessary to reboot my 6500 to recover "lost" panadapters.  It's frustrating to see that the SmartSDR setup screen has some sort of a connection to the radio but that a trip to it's front panel is needed to regain access.  Given the chance, I'd vote for a reboot button in the dialog.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.