Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 6500 scan no stop

STEFANO RANALDI
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
 Hello, with the 1.1.3 on my 6500, I see that the frequency doesn't stop. It is a continuous scanning, up to down. Only if I lock it stop, HI !!!
No problems with the 1.0.24 or 1.0.0

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Make sure that you do not have a CAT enabled program that is connected that could be tuning the radio.  Also, if you have a FlexControl make sure nothing is inadvertently turning the knob.  

We have also seen wireless mice whose batteries are failing do strange things too.

• STEFANO RANALDI
    edited February 2014
    Thank you Tim, I don't have CAT or Flex Control enabled. I swtch off mouse (wireless) and keypad,  but it's the same. If I use again the 1.0.24 ( the last I used) no scan, with the first on the cd (1.1.0) no scan, the problem start only with the 1.1.3.
    To-morrow I'll change the batteries to the mouse but I don't think to have resault, infact when I switch off the mouse and keypad and I used only the touch screen the scan problem was the same.
    I use windows7
    Stefano
  • STEFANO RANALDI
    edited February 2014
    Sorry, I forgot to tell you that a friend of mine Mauro has the same problem with 1.1.3 and win7 and 6500 but ....different stations, Hi !!!
    Stefano
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Do you have a mic connected to the front of the radio? If so is it the FHM-1 mic.
  • STEFANO RANALDI
    edited February 2014
    Hello Tim, the mic to the front of the radio is the original I found inside the box of the flex.  I suppose it is the european model. I did a test also without this mic and only a rear mic changing "mic" to "bal". Nothing to do.
    I asked to my friend Mauro, same situation.
    If I use the 1.0.24 or the first one on CD (1.1.0) and the original front mic all is ok about continuous scanning, how I told you, but I cannot go up and down in the frequency with the mic.
    I suppose it is a set-up problem but I don't know how resolve it.
    Ciao
    Stefano IZ5QRH
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I do not think it is a setup problem.  When you did your test using the BAL connector, did you disconnect the mic from the front?  I am wanting to know if removing the front FHM-1 mic that was supplied with the radio stopped the radio from scanning.
  • STEFANO RANALDI
    edited February 2014
    Hello Tim, I have tried in the past and now again.
    When I disconnect the FHM1 the radio don't stop scanning.
    The same test in  iz5sih flex 6500  radio of Mauro was done with the same problem.
    With the beta 1.0.24 I have tried again it does't scan, but the DWN, FST, UP of the mic don't work like in the base firmware of te CD in the box. In Mauro radio is the same: they don't work.
  • Mauro Marcone
    Mauro Marcone Member
    edited February 2014
    hello Tim, I use Win 7 and i have the same problems of Stefano, more i can go in transmission only with 1.0.0 because with the others following versions the software tells me " TX Not Ready" Mauro IZ5SIH
  • Mauro Marcone
    Mauro Marcone Member
    edited February 2014
    tells me "no PTT"
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Do you have a slice setup for TX? If you don't and you try to transmit you will get an error saying no slice selected to transmit...something like that. 73 Greg
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited February 2014
    HI,

the Mauro "TX not ready" issue resolved with TeamViewer session.

73 Beppe
    ik3vig
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Stefano - We need to do some one-on-one troubleshooting.  So I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.