Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New posting ---2 Second Transmit turn on or off delay after CW key, PTT or DAX signal.

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

After several hours of operation, or just being on, on several (6++) occasions MY 6700 has developed a 2+ second delay in the transmitter actually going into the transmit mode and transmitting a signal. When I hit the CW key, push the mic button, step on the PTT switch or send a DAX signal there is a delay before the transmitter responds (and I mean One Thousand, Two Thousand ++ delay). The only correction, that I have found, for this problem is a complete reboot of the radio.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Should I get a help ticket for it? It sure is a pain in the **** to have to shut down and start over.

I tried this post a few hours ago and I see that only part of it was posted so this is a repeat.

Al  N4AB

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi Al,
    What's your network configuration? Do you have the same problem with the Flex plugged directly into the PC? I haven't seen the problem, but I have seen a laggy display sometimes running SSDR under a virtual machine. Is an external wattmeter verifying the delay?

• N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the responce George. I am directly connected to the computer, no network being used yet. I have enough problems already without adding my LAN in. RF power ( Flex RF meter and external monitor) shows up apx 2 seconds after key down or DAX command and remains apx 2 seconds after key up. The receiver also continues to receive for the 2 seconds after key down.
    73  Al  N4AB
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    What version of Windows are you running, and what are the PC specs?
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I'm running Windows 8.1 on a HP laptop with a intel I7 quad core with  max graphics acceleration. Flex 6700 with GPSOSC and version 1.1.3 SSDR. I first found the problem last year even before we got to version 1.0.0 and on a different HP laptop that had a intel centrino chip set. The problem doesn't happen that often but it is very anoying when it does.
    I left the radio on with the problem for the last 10 hours or so and checked the delay from time to time and the delay has actually increased to well over 3 seconds since I first posted the problem.
    I am shutting down for the night so I just rebooted the 6700 . Problem is now gone. But it will be back sooner or later I guess.
    Thanks for the interest, George any suggestions are more then welcome. 73  Al.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Wow, Al. Sounds like a trouble ticket. Only thing I can think of at this point is a factory settings reset, followed by disconnecting the radio from all power for several minutes. That seems to clean up most oddball issues, although in your case I'm not sure since it seems to come back.

Good luck!

Geo

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This topic now a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.