Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ROS Mode working with Flex6500 but not with Flex6700. What could be?

sanderly
sanderly Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR CAT
After many attempts to setup a computer (3 different machines XP/W7) I almost gave up to setup ROS Mode with the Flex6700 - however I had to upgrade my stock of Flex6500 and voila. Flex6500 running with the ROS Mode without problems.  What could be the problem ?
 Ideas and troubleshooting welcome

M6SEJ - UK

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have too many acronyms in my head.  Can you remind me what ROS stands for?
  • sanderly
    sanderly Member
    edited February 2014
    Hello Tim, I'm referring to ROS MODE (http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/) the software does weak signals decoding.

When using 6500 it connects without problem using COM4 and 9600bps - SSDR CAT recognizes it. Using 6700 ros keeping telling me to close HRD.

Sanderly - M6SEJ - Martin Lynch and Sons - UK

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Got it. Are both radio on the same LAN and are they both on at the same time?  I think CAT is connecting to the 6700 and not to the 6500.  Power off all radios on the LAN segment and shut down CAT.  Power up only the 6500 and then re-start CAT and see if that makes a difference.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    If you have multiple radios on the same LAN, we can provide you with some details to help you run digital modes in this configuration.
  • sanderly
    sanderly Member
    edited February 2014
    Guys, thanks very  much for the help.  I have also sent this problem to the program's developer and he did some modification.  I'll do more tests over here and get back with results. 73's de M6SEJ
  • sanderly
    sanderly Member
    edited February 2014
    Flex6700 now running without problems using ROS mode. The developer did a change on the software. Thanks very much for your attention on the question.  Steve if you can send details about the lan will be great. I normally leave the 6700 running all day on the showroom using easypal, ros, fldigi, multipsk, etc - demonstrating the performance and flexibility. 
    Sanderly - M6SEJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.