Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6500 Initial startup

W4EY
W4EY Member

Often, I shut down my FLEX 6500 during the late night hours and when away from home for days. When I Power ON the FLEX,  I have noticed that after the Power ON Calibration completes and FLEX-6500 is shown on the front panel, the unit is not shown or missing in the CAT Setup panel . After the FLEX-6500 LED is shown on the front panel, around a minute  passes, there will be another CLICK sound (Possible Relay) from the FLEX. After this delayed Click is noticed, the Unit is displayed  on the CAT display and can be connected.

Is this a problem with my FLEX or just Normal initial startup with the latest SmartSDR?

Answers

• Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
       Mine does this too.  I just wait it out.  About 45 sec. to "FLEX-6500" display,
    then a short double click in another 5-10 seconds.  After about 80 seconds
    total time, the final click.  I assume this is normal.  All seems ready to go
    after the sequence concludes.  This is with my computer already on and
    with SmartCat and DAX ready to go.
      Being aware of this, I don't initialize SmartSDR until after the last click.
    I didn't notice what version 1.0.24 did.  I had been leaving it on.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Ned - This is normal, as in there is nothing wrong with your radio but we are looking into syncing the availability of the radio in the chooser and the display of the radio model.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
       Right, Tim.  This is not an issue for me.  I just wanted to share what I found with others
    to assure them that this was what "normally" happened.
      Thanks for reinforcing the information.
    Ned,  K1NJ
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    This has been reported as much better with v1.1.2.  We did make a change is some of the startup tasks to make it faster and this could be the reason.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.