Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fine tune tuning - feature request

rfoust
rfoust Member ✭✭
edited June 2017 in New Ideas

Don't get me wrong, the 6000 series is awesome, but at the top of my "annoying" list is being able to fine-tune the tuning frequency when I see a signal on the panadapter, drag the slice receiver to it with the mouse, an then I have to try to get it on the right frequency.

So maybe a way to address this, is to have a popup "flag" that shows round-number frequencies that are around the tuned frequency that I can just click on so that it goes straight to .000, .500, .150, etc. 

I dunno.  seems like there should be an easy way to tune right on the correct frequency with little effort.  The flexcontrol helps because it tunes in steps but sometimes I move around the house with my tablet and don't have the flexcontrol with me. ;)

This is just a brainstorm idea.  I'm open to suggestions, and I look forward to future releases! :)

Comments

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I think this will be much easier when the flexcontrol is fully implemented.  You can currently use DDUtil to provide variable stepping sizes as that's not in SSDR yet.  Remote tuning on a tablet will be a challenge though.
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Not everybody wants to get a FlexControl
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
            True, Mike.  I suppose one advantage of knobbed radios is that they come
    fully equipped with knobs.  Perhaps the 6000's should have been shipped
    with one.  There has been a number of small peripherals that seemed to
    have been needed at first.  However those have slowly been eliminated.
    Surely there is a place for the Flexcontrol - to add some versatility-  but
    it shouldn't be a  *requirement*  just to move 1 Hz.  The mouse knob or
    an arrow key can do this if 1 Hz is offered as an optional frequency
    increment.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.