Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Operating two radios

Harold Rosee
Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but my searches of the knowledge base have come up with confilicting results. I have a 3000 that I have been operating for the last month with the current 2.7.2 software. I just order a used 5000 that will be here next week. Can I operate them from the same software/database? I don't mean at the same time; I just want to operate one or the other. One article says yes as is as long as one of the radio is off. Another article leads me to believe I need another copy of the software in another directory. Assumming I can operate either one at a time, do they share the same database? Do they share settings are each save their own? Thanks, Harold

Answers

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Howard, No problem operating the two radios from the same computer , but either have one one powered up or connected at one time, they can not operate from the same database, as the individual radios are separted by type and serial number to create unique databases. Write your settings down and fill that into the second radio. Now if one used a different connection interface (USB or Ethernet ). You could operate at the same time.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for such a quick reply. That is exactly what I was hoping for. Harold

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.