Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any new CAT commands added in the latest release? I noticed that the SmartSDR CAT manual is for CAT

Bernie
Bernie Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Were any new CAT commands added in the latest release?  I noticed that the SmartSDR CAT manual is for CAT V 1.1.7.  The latest Version of DDUtil_V3 has a Macro command DD6FILn:n:nnnnn:nnnnn which sets the Slice, Mode, and Filter.  Does the same capability exist in ZZ commands?

BTW, I like SSDR V1.1 and DAX very much...thanks.

Bernie, W4BGH

Answers

• NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Same question, what are the new cat cmds?
  • BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited February 2014

I have sent the latest CAT doc updates in for publication.  I'm sure they will be out shortly after the gang gets back from Orlando.

The only "new" CAT command is ZZPF which sets or reads the panadapter center frequency. It uses the same format as the ZZFA/ZZFB commands for frequency.

There were numerous old commands enabled for the RIT/XIT controls in both Kenwood and FlexRadio formats.  Their usage is the same as in the PowerSDR CAT docs.

BobT, K5KDN

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don't know if this is cat related but during wax rtty this weekend I notice the command to clearrit from N1MM works great on slice A. But if operating using slice B in an SO2V setup the clear rit command does not have any effect.
  • BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited February 2014

Unfortunately, that is true.  There is no receiver index associated with either the Kenwood RC or the Flex ZZRC commands to reset anything other than slice A.  It could be done without modifying the command format by directing it to the currently active slice, otherwise, a new command would have to be created.  The problem with that is there is no guarantee that the third-party software developers would add a new command to their command set. 

You should submit this as an enhancement request, it is a good idea.

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Bob. I will do that. I don't think support for a new command by third party programs is a issue because at least with n1mm the user enters the command as part of the macro. It's not something embedded by the software. Tnx Greg
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Greg, where does one go to get factual info about RTTY. I've tried different sites via google search and I was let down. From your previous conversations you sound pretty knowledgeable on the subject. Thanks in advance.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    What type of information Bob? A couple good rtty resources are rttycontesting.com and the aa5au website.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.