Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Properties not working

Steve - K5FR
Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR API
The following properties appear to be inoperative in FlexLib:
Slice.AudioGain
Slice.AGCMode

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2019
    I believe the Slice.AudioGain is handled as a per client value today.  This means that changes in one client aren't reflected in another.  This was done early on when we were attempting to handle the multiple client use case.  We have since moved away from that in favor of supporting the primary use case (a single client).  If this is a desirable feature to be able to control from other applications, we can change this functionality.

I'm not as sure about the AGCMode.  When you say inoperative, what are you trying to do that doesn't seem to work?  We actually use that property to set the AGC Mode in SmartSDR.
  • Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016

It's hard to say how much either of these will be used programmatically, I just ran across their not working during my testing.

Using the Slice0.AGCMode = "FAST"; , or any of the other, commands, produces no response.

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I think it would be great to be able to control other clients/apps.  Looks like each connection gets its own ClientID?  Maybe the API could have something like getAllClients() that returns info about each client connection.  A client connection can either allow or disallow updates outside of its own app with a property, "allowExternalUpdates true/false".  And ideally each receiver/panadapter would keep track of which client created it, and which clients are using it (?).  Just throwing some ideas out there.  The use case I'm thinking of is sending a slice receiver from client A to client B programatically.  That would be cool. :)
  • Paul RN3A
    Paul RN3A Member
    edited April 2014
    Eric, does the same apply to params like slice.AudioGain and slice.AudioPan?
    I am trying to change these with external application, but there is no response from radio. Is there a way around it?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Paul, I think these functions work when you set them.  There is apparently an issue in the v1.1.9 code that causes changes to these functions (Slice Gain, Pan, Mute) not to be reflected in the SmartSDR client if you change them from another program.  We have this written up on our bug system and will post here when that issue is resolved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.