Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MON on when not selected.

Tom-KJ4QDZ
Tom-KJ4QDZ Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have had a couple of instances where MON (transmitted signal monitor) was on but I did not NOT enable it. It seems to occur when I switch on to headphones and switch off speakers. When I put on the headset I heard the fan from the amp. Then I switched off the headset and switched on the speakers and spoke into the microphone I could hear myself through the external speakers as if I had MON turned on. I did a quick click on/off MOX and then it stopped. I think this is the 3rd time this occurred but I cannot duplicate it.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Tom, If you can determine a specific step-by-step procedure that reproduces the behavior, please document it here. I cannot reproduce the behavior.
  • Tom-KJ4QDZ
    Tom-KJ4QDZ Member
    edited February 2014
    This issue came back today.  I had a couple of Q's prior without any problem.  Then on one Q when I stopped transmitting and was waiting for a reply with the other station and I heard my mic feedback in the speakers.  I saw this audio on the panadapter as well.  It looked like another station was QRMing on top of the DX station I was in a Q with but it was background noise coming from my mic because I heard myself yelling yee ha on another successful Q.  Keep in mind the 6500 was not transmitting and the MON button was not enabled.  What I did was click on VOX and the ptt keyed the radio and for a quick transmit and then deselected VOX and it stopped.  This happened again on a couple more Q's. 

So in reference to my original post on this problem 4 months ago, I was not using the head phones this time and doesn't appear to have anything to do with whether speakers or headphone are selected.  AND it may not have anything to do with the MON function because ptt was not on when this occurs.  I hope I am being a bit more clear on this issue.
  • Roger Rockwell/na4rr
    Roger Rockwell/na4rr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    This happens to me all the time.  I have mentioned it a couple of times.  It happens when using mic input on front.  You can just bump your ptt a couple of times and it will fix the problem.  It happens  enough that I have stopped using the mic input and headphones.

Roger
  • Tom-KJ4QDZ
    Tom-KJ4QDZ Member
    edited February 2014
    I did switch between the mic and bal microphone inputs and there was no change, only when I hit the vox and the radio keyed.  I don't think that vox has anything to do with this as I think if I had stepped on the foot switch to key it or pressed the mox button it would have stopped it as well (but not certain).
  • Roger Rockwell/na4rr
    Roger Rockwell/na4rr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Just did a little more testing.  I get the "hot mic" when using Heil headset and mic. and using the heil ppt hand switch.  When I go to receive the mic is hot and audio comes out the speakers until I bumb the ptt a couple of times.  If I use the mouse and key with MOX all is well and of course I can then use the space bar to key.  I did not try with VOX.  Without anti-vox I have not been able to find a setting that will work for me.

Roger

• Tom-KJ4QDZ
    Tom-KJ4QDZ Member
    edited February 2014
    I have a Heil Proset Plus plugged into the front but I was using the PR40 at the time.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Tom,

I have entered this into our bug tracker for further investigation.  Thanks for the report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.