Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

what is a TURF file ?

ik2egl
ik2egl Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
anybody knows what has been designed for the TURF file and the functionalities of this configuration file  ?

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Here is a note from the manual....

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    tnx Al,
    my question arised after the manual reading and the need on not to have a EU file.
    Klaus confirm me that he provide a EU version after sending the SN Number

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    TURF is "Tool for Updating Radio Frequencies" and it is primarily used to send region-specific transmit frequency ranges to the radio.  A file that has the region data in it is called a "TURF file" and it has the .turf extension.  If you are in MARS in the US, you can contact FlexRadio sales for a TURF file for extended transmit coverage or if you are a non-US customer, your distributor can provide you with a TURF file for your country-specific transmit ranges.  Generally, radios sold to non-US customers are "TURF'ed" before going to the customer -- they already have the national frequency ranges for the end-user's country programmed in the radio.
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    thanks Steve
  • Kevin Hartley
    Kevin Hartley Member ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Unfortunately if you run a different turf file (for MARS use for example)  then shut off the radio/ SmartSDR, it doesn't remember and you have to re-load every time.  Bit of a pain! Was hoping this lack of persistence had been addressed in 1.1.0 but it hasn't been yet.   
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    We just fixed this last week and we will have it for you shortly. It was a fascinating, obscure bug, it it's definitely fixed now.
  • Kevin Hartley
    Kevin Hartley Member ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Fantastic news, thanks Steve!
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I've used it and it worked great since I had a US radio that I've taken with me to the UK.  Process was simple, easy and went without a hitch.  Now I'll have to re-TURF when I repatriate back to the states.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.