Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PHONES PROBLEM WITH PROSET PLUS HEILSOUND

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi, I have very strange problm on my flex-6500 I tried a HeilSound Pro Set Plus but i listen only on right channel , I have to go out slightly off the jack stereo headset to listen to both channels, this problem is not present with other headphones on my flex, same goes if I try this Pro Plus Set on other radio works very well, how come this problem?

Comments

• Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Check the trs plug on the headset .
  • Edward Armstrong-WB2K
    edited February 2018
    Hi I had the same problem with a set of computer speakers. I believe what you're saying that you have to pull the ear piece plug out of the radio slightly. RadioShack sells a stereo to Manolo adapter that should fix your problem. WB2K
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited October 2018

Hi,

Can you provide more information on the adapter from RadioShack.  A search for "Manolo on their website turns up nothing. 

I am having lot's of trouble trying to find the right plug for this.

Thanks,

- Bob, W1RE

• Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    OK if your other headsets are providing that right/left   audio . It is something to do with the TRS connection on the HEIL 

1. The alignment of the TRS mini out of the heil is not correct,
    2. The wiring inside that trs connection is not correct.
    3. The normal wiring is tip  one side ,  ring one side , sleeve return or ground 
    4. The connection cable provided by heil is not correct for your use 

Shorting tip and ring usually will give you only right side in both headphones .
    This is what 's going on when you gently pull out that connection .( You have tip and ring together )
    Also if you used a trs to tr  stereo to mono adapter you would again be shorting that left and right Channel  together .

For me fix the headset it should work exactly like the others . 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.