Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Visual indication of X/RIT

Options
Robert -- N5IKD
Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
1. I would like to see a visual representation on the slice of the frequencies of the XIT/RIT, perhaps an different shade than the slice, or perhaps brackets at the top and bottom of the slice. 2. At the very minimum, the X/RIT indicator should light up indicating that the XIT or RIT are activated.
Tagged:
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yes on both ideas! I love the way Power sifts the transmit and receive markers whenever RIT or XIT are adjusted. I wish something similar could be implemented on SmartSDR.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yes, I too would love to see some visual indication for both the RIT and XIT..... I'm sure Flex saw the need, just takes time like everything else....
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Agree, and that is one of the reasons for the idea to expand the slice display. Other options would include the ability to dock the tabs of interest without having to tab to see them. http://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/expanded_slice_display_option_to_improve_ease_of_use Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If we click the RIT tab on the slice flag, we can get this indication, but the flag takes up so much space on the slice panadapter that I always keep it at minimum, just the frequency and buttons. We all know that it is going to be very difficult to come up with a GUI that is both simple, elegant, easy to use, AND gives us ALL the information we want, exactly WHEN we want it, in the WAY we want it...and doesn't get in the way of our viewing the panadaptor. No small task! I do not envy the FRS developers. They have their work cut out for them. My main suggestion for them is that whatever they design for the next iteration of the SmartSDR user interface, it should be 1) Flexible, 2) Customizable, 3) Effective, 4) User Friendly, and 5)Intuitive. All I am asking for is a rig that reads my mind! hi hi. The solution may come through a series of dockable "Ribbons" or other status indicator sub-windows and control blocks.. Keep up the good work, FRS Team. I am sure they are burning the midnight oil getting v. 1.1 ready for us in a couple of weeks or so.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I was thinking single dotted or colored line for RIT and/or XIT would appear when they are turned on. Its a no brainer and I expect its already on the long list of things to do....
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ken, Agree "Customizeable" is the key. Your perspective on the screen usage may vary depending on the display size (e.g 30 inch monitor, 20 inch monitor, or iPad). With a 30 inch monitor you might be fine with a lot more of the slice tabs always visible. Not so much with a smaller screen. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.