Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Equalizer not "Greyed Out" when in Digl/u on opening smartSDR in that mode ?

James Nelson
James Nelson Member ✭✭
edited June 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
When booting up in DigL or DigU the Equalizer is NOT greyed out / bypassed and the MIC/BAL filter remains. Easy fix is to select LSB or USB then return to DigL or DigU to prompt correct filter and Equaliser to become grey. Ver 1.0.24 Beta so not sure if this is normal or a bug ?

Answers

• Art KA4M
    Art KA4M Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Can't duplicate. When I boot up in DigU (after leaving in DigU) the audio input is still DAX and the equalizer is bypassed and cannot be turned on. Running Windows 7 Pro.
  • Art KA4M
    Art KA4M Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Should have said that I'm also running Ver 1.0.24 Beta.
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thanks ART, we have two 6700 SmartSDR's running beta 1.0.24 in Sydney (VKland) exhibiting the same defect bug so not sure why its happening here. We are using DDutil/Woodbox S meter/FreeDV and its a pain to have to "reselect" DigU/L after boot up and I don't want to submit a time waster bug report. The audio input remains DAX + DigL/U remains BUT the equalizer is NOT greyed out. Maybe its just us and the way we are operating. Possibly Tim will spot these posts ....
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    James, Disconnect DDUtil and test it. When debugging always disconnect programs that can change the state of the radio. I can not duplicate your bug report. When DIGx modes is selected the EQ and COMP are turned off and the buttons grayed out not allowing yo to enable them. The buttons do not change color when the DSP processing is turned off. This is a defect that has been reported previously.
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Hi Tim, The EQ does become greyed when selected however when smartSDR is reloaded it becomes "ungreyed" even linked to its in DigX mode. All apps linked to SmartSDR have been disconnected as you advised. Image shows NO GREY on DigX
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Whilst we are at beta infancy with the phantom slices and persistence on them not in full swing a solution for this can wait for things that are of a higher priority for now thanks Tim. The workaround to play now is simple by reselecting Xsb and back to DigX.... no big deal. Thank you.... James VK2JN
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I can not reproduce this reported behavior with the latest SmartSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.