Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR may become Multi-Platform?

Options
W9XC
W9XC Member
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
W4AX's (who I gather is an alpha tester sort of fellow) nice video of K6TU's new SmartSDR iPad control app seems to indicate that SmartSDR may eventually be multi-platform. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4TCaM-AZLzM At 09 seconds to 23 seconds in, Mack says: "On the right here you see the SmartSDR application. It's a TCP/IP enabled application that runs on Windows; it will also eventually run on Linux and the Mac OS." - Les, W9XC

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Les, Thanks for noticing. I thought this video was initially just for the Apple App store to evaluate Stu's software. I won't speak for Flex radio since I act as an unpaid advisor and don't want to fuel speculation. All things are possible in software. It will simply be a matter of someone writing the bits. This could even be a third party developer. If you look at Stu's K6TU iPad app it really is a functional interface less the panadapter which can be added at a later time. I've been loving the Flex journey from the beginning. At the start of the 6xxx series each element of the SmartSDR software had to be manually installed on prototype hardware. We've come a very long way and v1.1 is just around the corner. Happy New Year es 73, Mack W4AX Alpha Tester

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.