Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex control anomaly

W4YXU
W4YXU Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
ssdr v1.0.24 flex control anomaly: The AUX3 button locks the flex control nicely - but.. Get a bit dyslexant and use AUX1 by mistake! The screen panadator does indeed lock relative to the control knob tuning but your ears and the output to DAX are tuning as though nothing had been done. OK, OK just click the knob and it unlocks - WITHOUT getting the tuned frequency back where it should be. Now you are some "n" (depending how much you tuned before noticing the display was stationary) khz away from where you think you are! change bands and back and all is well again!

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    AUX1 & AUX3 are not freq locks. AUX1 activates RIT and the big knob tunes the RIT. Double clicking AUX1 resets RIT and returns control back to the main slice. AUX3 does the same for XIT. Both RIT & XIT have a range of +/- 10 KHz. (actually 9.99 KHz) Many people are confusing these buttons for frequency lock because the main slice does not move when you turn the big knob. If you want to see the action of the buttons, activate the RIT/XIT tab on your slice flag.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I posted this on another topic but it applies here as well. When you press AUX3, you are engaging XIT. Here is the functionality of the buttons as I posted in the other topic: The new beta also supports RIT & XIT from the FlexControl. Press the knob once to engage RIT and click again to go back to slice tuning. Double click to zero RIT. You will see the Mode LED light when in RIT mode. You can press the AUX3 button to engage XIT and then double click the knob to zero XIT. A single press of the knob returns control to the slice frequency tuning.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi hi. Gerald, I started typing before you did, but you typed faster! BTW. I LOVE the new RIT/XIT. The range is large enough for most split operations I have encountered, Thanks.
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited April 2019
    OK. I will re-do what I thought was my RTFM about RIT / XIT! (I thought it wasn't going to be there until 1.1!) However - the sequence I described did appear to leave the radio in an udefined frequency state. I will re-study the matter in the morning. I do not spend time in the shack after several 807's! I was actually trying to get the flex-control tuning to disable as my desk is a mess and the knob turns smooth and easy!
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You can easily disable the FlexControl on the Setup | General tab. XIT/RIT is fully implemented in v1.0.24 beta. You can open the graphic window by clicking on X/RIT on the slice flag. That will let you see what the FlexControl is doing when you press the buttons.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You can disable it from the Settings>Radio-Setup>General tab and unclick the FlexControl: [Enabled] button. It takes a few mouse clicks, but if you want to disable it for a while, it can be done that way. They talked about a "Slice lock" in the last release notes, and in the "Hints and Helps" opening screen, but that isn't active in this beta release.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.