Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MON plays full bandwidth rather than selected TX bandwidth

Michael - N5TGL
Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
edited December 2016 in New Ideas
In previous versions, MON gave a good representation of the actual TX audio going out, as it used the post TX filter bandwidth. This prevented one from making EQ adjustments outside of the TX bandwidth as you simply weren't able to hear them. This allowed for making a good EQ curve from listening to the actual audio. Current version 1.24 beta gives you the full bandwidth out of the mic, no matter what the TX bandwidth is. This can be misleading as you're not really hearing what you are transmitting. Request a return to the previous version's mode of operation where you heard the actual TX bandwith.

Comments

• Craig K9CT
    Craig K9CT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I agree... How do you listen to your RTTY or PSK signal? I select MON but I don't hear anything.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    edited December 2016
    Well, back in the dark ol' pre-DAX days, MON worked just fine. I guess since it's not coming in on the ACC port, MON may be out of the signal loop. Looks like you may have just found a bug!
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited December 2016
    Ouch! And I thought the compression wasn't even affecting the voice quality!!
  • Michael - N5TGL
    edited October 2016
    Oh I can hear the effect of the compression just fine via MON.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.