Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Suggestion

Travis Best
Travis Best Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in New Ideas
Currently I use digital and voice modes to pass traffic on nets the fact I need to switch back and forth between DAX and BAL to use both modes of operation make it very inefficient to operate. Could a future change be considered to make DAX work without having to make that change. I am sure this would also be helpful to people that use voice keyer software on there computers as well.

Comments

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Select USB instead of DIGU (or LSB instead of DIGL). Then Select the BAL input. Then select the DAX input. Now if you PTT from CAT, you can use DAX audio and if you PTT from the front panel or foot switch (RCA) it will use the BAL audio input.
  • Travis Best
    Travis Best Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for pointing that out. One last question any way to hear the DAX audio in the monitor?
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited June 2017
    I assume you mean transmit monitor. This is on our to-do list -- to enable the MON button for DAX TX audio.
  • Travis Best
    Travis Best Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the Great Job you guys are doing.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Travis, You may listen to the Audio in DAX through a windows setting. Get here through the control panel / sound or right clicking on the speaker icon in the system tray and choose recording devices..
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Travis, Thanks for the tip
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    OK.... thats goos news and not me stuffing up as usual.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Thanks Robert
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Tried but didn't work for me. I was getting what appeared to be thumping sounds. I will need to monitor my signal on another rx to see if that is appearing on the output.
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thats a good workaround too Robert.... looks like I wasn't the only one sniffing for an answer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.