Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Rules!!!!

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in DAX
First and foremost I have to give the Flex Team kudos for some fine software. I installed ver 1.0.24 of SmartSDR and it was instant success. Then I migrated to the DAX setup which I've been waiting for. Watched the video on YouTube and followed those instructions to a tee. Digital would not transmit. After sitting back and reviewing my efforts I noticed that the video did not touch on setting up a PTT port in SmartSDR CAT. After doing that, voila! success. One thing I noticed in the video for DAX is the mode is never changed to DIGIU or DIGIL is that on purpose or just an oversite. I love the persistence, it is fantastic. On Sunday I was on the FlexNet and told Dudley that I could not wait to see what this radio is going to be like in a year from now.
Tagged:

Comments

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    BTW, Saturday I was listening to 10m on slibe B and doing some PSK-63 on slice A using DAX.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I can monitor check my clock on WWV without interfering with my JT65 reception.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    "One thing I noticed in the video for DAX is the mode is never changed to DIGIU or DIGIL is that on purpose or just an oversight." Not really. It was a way to show that DAX is not digital mode specific. We added the DIGx "Easy" mode where if you select a DIGx mode it will auto setup most of the DAX parameters. We wanted to show the "worst case" configuration scenario so you understood all of the steps involved in setting up DAX.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.