Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Locking frequency

Marv
Marv Member
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
It is my hope that in the near future there will be a capability of locking the slice frequency. I have on several occasions bumped either the mouse scroll or the knob on the FlexControl. Thanks Marv W0ZK
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    As a safety, I have sometimes opened another slice, or a new pan and slice, made it active and and muted it so that accidental knob or mouse motion will change the "dummy" slice. It isn't a great solution, but it has saved a contact or two for this amateur klutz!
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    maybe not exactly what you were looking for. But I frequently use the PSDR features of 'Save & Restore'. Especially when chasing DX. I will do a 'save' on vfo b for a frequency I think would be good to call him on. and when the DX responds to someone, use vfo b to look for the station giving a report. If I don't find him, fast mouse click puts me back on the transmit frequency I was using to call him. Also use that in contests to handle off frequency replies to my cq's. But a feature like PSDR VFO Lock would be VERY VERY handy..
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited April 2016
    I have bumped the Flex Control while NOT using it and had to hunt for the QSO I was in. I need the lock button badly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.