Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

NOISE BLANKER

Larry Davis
Larry Davis Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
hello just got 6700 few weeks ago i think the nb isnot working yet am i right the 5000 got a much better nb let me know about that

Comments

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    All the Dsp functions are working. Click on the nb it will turn blue. Give it a little time to process the noise, if it did not help move the slider to the right, allow to adjust to the noise. If all the way to the right does not help you have a noise which the nb is not designed to help. Then you should go to the NR and use it and the Agc threashold adjust to get the noise to a acceptable level or no noise. I have a terrible electrical noise at times, I can get rid of it with the nb but if I am talking to a strong station with the nb all the way to the right you will degrade the incoming strong signal. I will use the Agc threshold with this stituations and can stop the noise and not degrade the incoming signal but if the incoming signal is in the noise use the nb and the noise will decrease , behold a signal will be heard. It's flex magic! Have a great thanksgiving.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I've not had as good results with the NB as you, Dave. I've tried the AGC-T route and am still unable to get it to work as consistently well as my old 5K did.
  • Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    i got the 5000 still the nb on the 6700 don,t work for me if you can,t hear them you can work them very poor i will turn off till they fix
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This topic has been re-classified as a Problem topic.
  • Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    i sent a file from the 5000 to flex hope you guys got it the nb on 5000 takes it out but the 6700 don,t i will be off the air with 6700 till they fix it
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I would like to see a video showing how these functions are intended to work.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.