Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Last friday I got my Flex 6700 Limited Edition.

EA4AK
EA4AK Member
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Last friday I got my Flex 6700 Limited Edition. I have been playing with it over the weekend. Overall I am very, very, happy and surprised by the elegant simplicity and performance. I was listening to the bands in literally minutes. SSDR and SCAT installation was fast and the 6700 was connected to DXLab with no issue. The first surprise was how clearly one can see weak signals on the panadapter. Signal are better seen than heard !!... Amazing. The worst surprise how useless (sorry) the NR seems to be in SSB. Not really effective to improve readibility. I live in a noisy urban area and work mostly SSB. This is something I hope FRS will improve. NR is "very" important for "urban Hams". Don´t remember the last time I was so excited. It is a fantastic experience to play around with SSDR !! 73

Comments

• Warren Elly
    Warren Elly Member
    edited November 2013
    I heartily agree on all points after a week of enjoying my new 6500! The noise blanker is essential as Santos points out for urban hamming. Its just not there yet. I am also an AM enthusiast, and have been very very happy with the performance, but we really need work in the DSP department. The NR and ANF don't work at all in the AM mode, and the NB just can't handle extremes in signal strength, even after going for fast AGC and pulling back on the AGC Gain. Overall... the best receiver I've ever seen/heard... Keep up the good work and please help us in the DSP department! 73
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Congratulation on the decision you made to purchase the best radio in the market. Regarding your concern for the NR problem that you addressed: The DSP enhancements are schedule for January 2014. Please refer to the SmartSDR Technology Roadmap, where many of your concern and questions have been addressed.
  • EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Ernest. We look forward to the January SSDR milestones..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.