Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Increase Zoom

K9DUR
K9DUR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
When zooming inon a panadapter (less frequency spectrum visible), I would like to be able to zoom in 1 or 2 steps more . Currently, the closest in you can zoom to is 1 kHz per grid line. I would like to see 500 Hz or even 200 Hz per grid line. 73, Ray, K9DUR
1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    At least this. Better still, a spectrum display option with a grid calibrated for audio frequencies on a display that can have adjustable averaging.
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes, on CW the current zoom level of about 15 khz is too wide for crowded contest conditions. +- 4 khz or +-2 khz would be ideal. That was possible in PowerSDR.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It seemed to me on one of the pre-releases we were able to see 500hz per grid line then again maybe I was just dreaming.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    i am vote for this too
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Ray, I get 500Hz when I zoom in all the way, that's in CW I don't know about SSB.
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Me too! Much closer, when using 100Hz, it's way to far out, for us "oldie but goodie" folk.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    By all means. When working cw dx that is working simplex, non-split, good manners dictate that you should never be zero beat or too close to it. This means that you want to be close, but not too close. We need at least a couple more zoom levels to do well at splitting those hairs successfully. Ned, K1NJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.