Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

losing connection to computer

Warren Elly
Warren Elly Member
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Anyone else have this issue??? I leave the radio running for an hour or so unattended and connection to radio is lost...a complete reboot is only way to get it going again. Ideas? thanks...Warren W1GUD

Answers

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I left my radio running the other night with JT65-HF and it was still running fine with current entries when I found it at lunch the following day.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Check you computer Power settings: Control Panel -> Power Option -> (Change your power option to - NEVER Turn power display and put the computer to sleep. It's not SmartSDR that is turning your computer off...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It is not the monitor that needs to be kept on all the time. What is important is that if the PC goes to sleep that the Ethernet adapter not go to sleep. This will cause the radio and client to lose connection.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Sometimes the Ethernet and wireless adapters have individual sleep settings, make sure the one you are using is set to either "never go to sleep" or "maximum performance" (depending on the OS that you are using). Also, I have seen my laptop use power settings for "Battery" if it know that it is plugged in to a UPS.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    How are you connecting the radio to the PC? Direct connection to Ethernet port? Through a switch? A router? When you say complete reboot, do you mean the radio or the PC? 9 times out of 10 this will be a device going into power-save and not coming back gracefully. I wrote a little task-bar app a couple of years ago that would disable power-saving completely depending on whether specific apps were running (this was for PowerSDR use due to some Fire-wire power-saving issues).
  • Warren Elly
    Warren Elly Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm using my LAN...and I've gone through the MAC defeating the so-called energy saver so the computer does not go to sleep to save energy... I believe this is what has been happening... I'll let everyone know how we do... thanks so very much for everyone's helpful suggestions... a joy to be a newly minted flexer!!! 73...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.