Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT command ZZVS

Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR CAT
CAT command ZZVS The ZZVS command does not appear to be listed in the SmartSDR CAT manual V1.3 which is for V1.1.7 of the software. ( I haven't seen a more recent version but did see where ZZSM was added to 1.2.0 in the 1.0.5 release notes). But the ZZVS command to set slice B = to slice A does seem to work. (see picture below and video). I have it set in DDUtil to trigger from the AUX 3 button on the FlexControl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nx1_HirNpg Questions: 1- Is the ZZVS command supported on the 6x00 or is something in DDUtil supporting this behind the scenes? 2- are there any other undocumented and supported CAT commands? Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    1- Is the ZZVS command supported on the 6x00 or is something in DDUtil supporting this behind the scenes? No, it is not supported in SmartSDR CAT 2- are there any other undocumented and supported CAT commands? No, there are not
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim, Thanks for the reply. Since the command is not supported directly on the 6000 (currently) do you (or others here) know how this is working? I'm guessing DDUtil could be using a combination of the commands to "get & set" the frequencies behind the scenes. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That would be a "Steve question".
  • Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    DDUtil understands the following commands (so far) with regards to the F6K when invoked from a DDUtil macro or other internal function. I implemented these commands because they were needed to allow internal DDUtil functions to work. These commands may or may not work thru Cat depending if they have been implemented or not. See the Cat docs for what's been implemented for Cat. ZZAG, ZZAU, ZZBM, ZZBP, ZZKS, ZZOF, ZZPC, ZZRF, ZZSU, ZZSP, ZZTI, ZZVS, ZZXF Be advised some of these commands are not released yet waiting on different versions of SSDR and SSCAT to be released.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Steve, According to Tim (and the FRS SmartCat documentation) ZZVS is not supported on the 6000 yet it works from DDUtil. Are you doing something behind the scenes in DDUtil or are you passing the ZZVS command over to the 6000? It's a bit confusing...... Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Al, anything not supported by SSCAT I'm doing behind the scenes. Don't forget that DDUtil v3 supports both the new radios and the legacy radios so I need some of the old commands to work as they did with PSDR. The tuning knob is a good example. ZZAD/ZZAU aren't supported by SSCAT so I wrote a direct link to the F6K so the old knob code could be used. Which was easier than rewriting the knob code just for the F6K. There are several other examples that work the same way. The ZZVS command is another knob aux switch command I needed to make work so I did. In the end some commands are sent to SSCAT and others are sent directly to the radio bypassing SSCAT.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Steve, Okay, I think I understand now. You are using the radio api in some cases and cat commands in others. Thank for the clarification. (if I had the api doc, I would have figured it out sooner) Regards, Al. / NN4ZZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.