Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VAC software for separate operating positions

Doug Allen
Doug Allen Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Thanks to community help here earlier this week, I have both my Flex 5000 and my to my Flex 1500 both now interfaced with N1MM and DXKeeper and working pretty well (one problem as separate topic) . I am curious about the trial versions of VAC that I have downloaded to my Flex 1500 operating position and my Flex 5000 operating position, two separate downloads to separate computers. When operating either Flex on SSB and CW, I hear no interference (women's voice) from the trial versions of VAC nor has anyone I have worked. Is it something very subtle or something with a time delay that shows up later? I have no problem with paying for software, but it seems unnecessary at present which brings up my next question. Do I have to pay twice for the VAC since I would be downloading it to separate computers for use with different Flex transceivers? Doug K4LY happy Flex owner

Answers

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Doug, You will not hear the voice unless you listen directly to the audio streams, But that horizontal line that you see appear on the programs' waterfall that is there very consistently , about every 15 seconds or so, That is the "demo". Voice and it is there for every demo version I have ever downloaded, so safe bet it is there . You will have to check the VAC Site for the license details, Unless he has changed, you a purchasing a lifetime license for that version. We all have been using version 4.xx. For 6 years or so. Well worth the $25 or so. But don't use the demo version on the air..
  • Doug Allen
    Doug Allen Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    I have sent the following email to support@muzychenko.net 5 days ago and 3 days without any reply- Hi Eugene, A few days ago I downloaded the trial version of VAC to both of my two ham radio operating positions, a Flex 5000 and a Flex 1500, using separate computers a few feet from each other and am satisfied that my Flex radios and software logging programs are working correctly at both sites. I previously paid for an earlier version of VAC, but that was a few years ago on a previous computer, and I don't remember if I bought it from you- probably- or one of your resellers. Perhaps you have record of it? Ideally, I would like to have both my operating positions using VAC and virtual cables. Do I have to buy two of your VAC? If so, I will probably forgo having the less used Flex 1500 interfaced to computer software. Sincerely, Doug Allen K4LY Inman, SC
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I am sure you do not need to pay for several download of VAC. I have used the software with all my Flex radios and never had any issues. I have changed computers several times and even loaded on my laptop which I used to use with my F1.5K and F3K. I have updated VAC with no issues. The one time I had an issue they got back to me in about a week. He was in another country and was trying to catch up with his email. They will get to you soon...
  • Doug Allen
    Doug Allen Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Ernest, I was able to pay for one VAC zip file installation and download it to both my computers from my email program. Doug K4LY
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Happy to see your result... Enjoy it and see you in the waterfall as soon as DAX becomes available. 73
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    When you install software there is a licence agreement that you explicitly agree to at the time of installation. I highly recommend that you check it to make sure you are not in violation by installing it on multiple PCs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.