Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power SDR says Out of Band on every frequency

Doug Allen
Doug Allen Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
After getting my Flex 500 interfaced with N1MM, including CW/digital operation, I notice that it reports Out of Band on every amateur frequency. This doesn't seem to prevent transmitting or anything else. My Power SDR, newest version, showed the various band plan information before I downloaded VAC, vapMGR and interfaced them with N1MM and DXKeeper. I've turned PowerSDR on and off, the radio on and off and rebooted the computer, but still the "Out of Band." BTW, I'm thrilled that I will able to operate the Flex 5000 with N1MM cw macros in the SS CW this weekend. I have no latency issues on a cheap Acer windows 7 computer. Doug K4LY happy Flex owner

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    If you are not prevented from transmitting on the ham bands, then the message you are getting is the band plan alpha tag readout below the VFO. If this is the case, you have a corrupted database and need to do a reset to factory defaults from the Setup screen (button in the bottom left hand corner).
  • Doug Allen
    Doug Allen Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Tim, When I bring PowerSDR up in DEMO mode the alpha tag readout shows the band plan correctly, but not when I bring it up with the Flex5000. By resetting, do I loose the VAC, virtual cable, and CAT parameters that I spent so much time getting to work? Should I export my database (second button after Factory Defaults) in order to return to my present configuration that works fine except for the alpha tag? Doug K4LY
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That is what I would expect as demo mode uses a different database that the one used by the FLEX-5000. Yes, by resetting the DB you will lose all previously changed parameters. If you export your corrupted database, it can not be imported or you will import corrupted data back into the active database. I recommend you write down the current parameters so you can do a reset to factory default to get a new "clean" database and then re-enter your parameters. Then, before doing anything else, shut down PowerSDR, restart it and do a database export. Save this file as your radio "backup" so that if this happens again you can recover back to a good known operating state. BTW, I know this does not help you now, but there will be an enhancement in PowerSDR v2.7.x that will help to mitigate the primary reason for database corruption which is a forced reboot of your PC when PowerSDR is running.
  • Doug Allen
    Doug Allen Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Thanks agn Tim, I followed your instructions. I also again used K9DUR's set-up parameters which helped me to get CW working with N1MM, found here- http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FlexRadio/conversations/topics/8487 Everything appears to be working now. Much appreciated. If I were 10 years younger, I think I could operate 24 hours in this weekend's SS CW like I used to! The Flex/N1MM would be a better interface than I had back then, and I have no Flex CW latency issues! However, at age 73 and recovering from surgery, my effort will be much more modest! Problem solved. Doug K4LY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.