Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Allow GPS clock to correct computer clock periodically

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in New Ideas
This may have been posted before, but let me re-emphasize this again. There is great benefit to those of us who sometimes run WSJT, to have an EXACTLY correct computer clock. FRS, please consider allowing the GPS clock to keep the computer's clock on the correct time (computer clocks drifts). We are currently doing this with internet based time servers (such as D4). That method is dependent on internet connection, along with other factors. When the 6700 radio is ready for WSJT and other digital modes requiring exact time (DAX implemented) this will be a great benefit.
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    There is software that will take data from an external GPS for PCs and internal GPS with phones and tablets. The 6000 could be an NTP server and this is on this list in earlier posts. On the other hand CAT provides COM over the Ethernet connection to SSDR. Perhaps it could offer a COM port connected to the GPS NEMA data.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the suggestion. Someone else had something similar but not quite as clear as you have express it here. I am 100% behind you... perhaps with DAX or before is release
  • John Kludt
    John Kludt Member ✭✭

I see the last time this was addressed was in 2013. I use my 6700 as a driver for EME using a transverter 0n 1296. Mode of choice for a low power stations is WSJT-X Currently I have to run two GPS receivers when remote: one for the Flex and one for the computer clock. It sure would be nice if the NEMA time data could be made available through one of the USB ports on the Flex to the computer apps that keep the time synched as required by WSJT-X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.