Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What are the pin outs on the ACC connector?

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

Answers

• philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Looking forward to using the I2C port for band data; DC to Light
  • Greg - K5GJ
    Greg - K5GJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Phil: We have this in our plans. I would appreciate if you could create a "User Story" for how you'd like to see the interface work since you have expertise in this area. 73, Greg
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I constructed a cable yesterday so that I could use my 6700 on the digital modes. As I see it, the connector on the back of the 6700 is mounted upside down with pin 1 at the bottom. I have attached a graphic of the DB-15 connector (courtesy of Wikipedia). Actually in accordance with the DIN standards it should be called a DE-15, but common usage in the US is DB-15. If you are building a cable, take extra care to ensure that you are soldering to the correct pins. I made my cable from an old CAT-5 Ethernet cable to be compatible with my SignalLink USB modem. The 6700 end was salvaged from an old VGA cable. Note that you want a high density (three rows of pins) male DB-15 connector on the Flex end. I have only used the rig on JT65 and JT9 so far. I may give PSK-31, Olivia or some other digital mode a try today, even though it has been a long time since I have used any of those modes.
  • Al - K0VM
    Al - K0VM Member
    edited August 2013
    With current version of SW (0.13) it look like Line 1 is left and line out 2 is right... If it is likely to remain this way, It may be helpful to have the ACC pin out reflect left/right/ Al, K0VM
  • N4TTY
    N4TTY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Ed, can you provide details of the wiring of the CAT-5 cable to the DB/DE-15 connector, and what 'header' configuration you used in the SignaLink. It'll keep the rest of us from having to reinvent the wheel. And since you said the connector was mounted 'upside' down I'm assuming that pin one is the bottom left and pin 15 is the top right when viewing from the back of the 6000 series. Thanks & 73, Steve G./N4TTY
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Here are the jumper/ cable settings for connecting a Signalink USB to the Flex 6000 ACC connector. Tigertronics currently doesn't have a mating cable. I built my own cable using an old Ethernet 568B cable (cutoff one end) and purchased a male 15 pin DIN connector. Jumper Cable Flex ACC G---------8 Brn #6 Line 1 In Rtn G---------7 Wht/Brn #5 Gnd G---------6 Grn #7 Line 1 Out Rtn ------------5 Wht/Blu Pwr--------4 Blu PTT-------3 Wht/Grn #14 PTT MIC--------2 Org #1 Line 1 In Spkr-------1 Wht/Org #2 Line 1 Out One thing to note (confirmed by Flex) under current software version (pre-release 0.12.17 & 0.13.10) you may need to keep the COMP on to get enough audio drive. Of course over driving will cause distortion. It is likely this COMP issue with ACC Line input will be corrected in later software versions, so CHECK!
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Ok, Steve, I will be glad to be more specific. First of all, the graphic that I posted above is looking at the female connector on the back of the 6000 and the way that it is mounted means that pin 1 is at the bottom left as you have assumed (upside down to me). I did not wire-up the RJ connector at the SignalLink end of the cable. I found an old Ethernet cable in my junk box and cut the connector off at one end. For the other end, I found an old VGA cable, cut the DB-15 connector off and then un-soldered the wires and removed as much old solder as possible with Solder Wick. I then soldered the wires to the DB-15, according to Dave's color-coded table above and Tim's chart at the beginning of this answer. I recall having a difficult time distinguishing between the white/orange and the white/brown wires. Inside the SignalLink, remove any pre-wired header that you may have purchased and install the jumpers that came with the unit or if you have misplaced them make-up six new ones. I believe that the jumpers were 24 gauge wire. As Dave's chart above indicates, the jumpers go straight across (spkr to 1, Mic to 0, etc.). There are no connections between Pwr and 4 as well as to 5. Those markings are on the header socket in the SignalLink. That should do it! If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.
  • N4TTY
    N4TTY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Ed and Dave! While it would make the "header" in the SignaLink not as simple as this wiring makes it, is there any advantage to having the + and - of the Line IN and the Line OUT use the inherent twisted pairs in the CAT5 cable?
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    There might be some noise immunity by the twisted pair but it should be pretty small given that the signals are audio and the cable is usually short.
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I agree, it probably would not make any difference, but it should not hurt. Quite honestly, I was so wrapped-up in getting the connections right that this did not cross my mind.
  • N4TTY
    N4TTY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    I think I'm sticking with the easy header in the SignaLink and wiring as you guys indicate. As you point out, it is a short cable.
  • Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    With the signal link USB You might consider using the pre made cable for a K-3 and their internal jumper. It has the PTT (RCA) Audio in (Stereo Mini) I use a Y stereo to have Speaker and the Signal link attached. Audio out (Mono Mini) Just add the 1/4 adapter and plug it into the Balanced input line. The EQ is zeroed out. The Audio I use is 60 then adjust the output of the Signal link . And I keep the +20 DB ON . Select the Balanced input and your off and running. It makes life very easy. Some day will go into the DB 15 But right now it is just fine. Ed Baker NP2G
  • Monty Shultes
    Monty Shultes Member
    edited October 2013
    I use band data to switch an amp. I use an Elecraft KRC2 decoder - I need a logic signal for every band, which the KRC2 provides from several "standard" radio outputs - ie Kenwood, Yaesu, or binary digital.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Winford Engineering makes a great connector for the DE-15 receptacle. It makes connecting fast and accurate.
  • Mel, K0PFX
    Mel, K0PFX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I was not able to get enough drive from the output of a USB sound adapter (card). Pin1 appeared to be "loading" the output probably due to difference in impedance. I I had to go back to the foster connector on front. :-( Mel

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.