Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mode Selection

Ken W9IE
Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Mode Selection If looking at the Slice Flag and If operating on LSB, I can Switch to USB or CW or AM with 1 click However: If operating on CW, in order to go back to LSB I must first click on the CW dropdown then click on LSB I know the Real Estate on the Slice Flag is at a premium, But it would be nice to be able to see All MODES available and just click on one with out any hesitation of What do I do next.....
5 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited April 2016
    I noticed the same thing and almost wrote up a problem until I saw the drop down button! All I was doing was diddling around with the modes playing with the mouse. How about group the displayed modes for a minimum mouse click display. Perhaps a group of the last N modes used on the band in use? For me the screen would quickly "learn" my operating mode for the moment.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    There are there "fav" mode buttons you can assign in the slice for quick mode changes. Right click on them to set the button to your favorite mode. And yes, these will be remembered with a future version of SmartSDR when advanced persistence is fully implemented.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Might it be possible to have another row of "Fav" buttons... so I could have, for example: LSB, USB & AM on one row and CW, DIGI & FM on another row? or at least a fourth" fav" beside the other three? Although that will mess up the size of the slice info flag. Right now it takes too many additional mouse clicks to switch to a mode that is not on the favorite list. Persistence of the fav's will help. I find that I QSY a lot between the bands that use USB and the ones that use LSB and it is a pain to switch back & forth so many times in an evening, especially during a contest....
  • Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Tim, I did not know about the FAV Right click feature... It sure helps a lot I gues I just have too many FAVORITES... hi hi KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FRS
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Where is/was this "feature" documented? Somehow I missed something else I wish I would have known sooner ...
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is covered in section 2.4 of the software manual.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.