Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR Cat needs to be running first?

Options
K1UO Larry
K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
why does SSDR Cat need to be running before SSDR will show a radio in the window to connect to? Thats the way it happens here on every computer on the network. No CAT in the background then no radio to select in the V1.0 GUI.

Answers

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Larry, I am not using SSDR Cat at the moment but sometimes the 6500 is not available. Usually on off cycling fixes it. Havn't had the problem if the radio is on when I boot the PC. Andrew
  • BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited October 2013
    Options
    There is nothing in the SSDR software that says CAT has to be running at all. On the other hand, CAT needs at least one radio running to do its initialization. BobT
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    thanks guys..for some reason even with the radio on I cant connect to it initially from the SSDR Gui because the radio does not show up to select. (unless the SSDR Cat is running first even though its not used) doesnt matter..just as long as I know how to get it back on this wireless network. The radio connects wirelessly via an ASUS Ethernet EA-N66 ethernet extender/wi-fi Bridge back to the ASUS Router upstairs... rock solid connection btw.. but acts like I described above to get connected.
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi Larry, I don't have this issue. Running a 6700 SSDR v1.0.0 & Windows 7 & Windows 8 (two different systems). Both systems find the radio OK without CAT running for me. Of course when I power it on from a cold start (power supply not left on before starting it up) it does take a bit longer for the radio to show up in the selection window. - Bob, W1RE
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    BobT, I do not believe that SnartSDR CAT needs to have a radio running to do its initialization. Flex installs it so that CAT starts automatically when Windows starts. If what you say is true, then you would have to have your radio running before you could start your computer. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ray, Perhaps I should clarify "initialization". The CAT program per se will start and run without a radio running but goes into a waiting state until it know which radio serial number(s) it is working with. If you have more than one radio on your network CAT will ask you to select the desired radio and continue from there. Once a radio is discovered, CAT will recall the previously defined serial ports for that serial number or assign a new pair. BobT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.