Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

f6500 does not always change to selected spot from dx cluster unless it is already on that band

Reggie-k6xr
Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Using DXLabs suite with F6500. First spot selected changed 6500 to that freq and mode. Any subsequent spot sellection will not change f6500 to the new spot unless f6500 is already on that band. Any suggestions? Using sdr6500 radio selection in DXLabs.

Answers

• Tom-KJ4QDZ
    Tom-KJ4QDZ Member
    edited October 2013
    I have a similar situation where I am using the cluster in HRD Logbook. Clicking a spot will work fine if within the band you already have displayed but if spot is on a different band than what I have displayed then it is a problem. If I double click the spot the slice frequency changes BUT the panadapter still displays the last band that I was on, e.g. I was on 17m and click on a spot that is on 20m. The slice frequency will change to the spot freq (because I can hear it and listen to the station) but the panadapter will still be displaying 17m. So I must go and change the band. And when I change to the desired band the slice frequency will change to 14.225mhz (not the freq the spot was on). So must have to tune in the desired freq or click the spot again in HRD Logbook. If I have 2 panadapters, 1 slice in each panadapter then clicking on a spot does not work at all, it only works with one slice and panadapter online.
  • BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited October 2019
    What Tom describes is correct, CAT does change the slice frequency but it cannot change the band or panadapter (there are currently no hooks in the software to do that). This is on the list of improvements under consideration and I will certainly add it to CAT when the tools are available. 73, BobT
  • Alan ---  N5MSE
    Alan --- N5MSE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Bob: Would this be the same reason the 6500 will not activate/initiate my THP Amp and Tuner thru DDUtil v 3.0. The Flex 5000 works great with the DDUtil v 3.0 and the Amp and Tuner. The 6500 is recognized and seems to be there but won't change anything. 73, Alan, N5MSE
  • BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited October 2013
    Alan, I doubt it. I think your problem is due to the fact that the TX/RX commands in CAT stopped working in the last released version due to a subtle internal code change in FlexLib that I discovered this afternoon. I want to do some more testing but will upload the changes for the next release of SmartSDR ASAP. 73, BobT
  • Alan ---  N5MSE
    Alan --- N5MSE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Bob, I'll be looking for the update. Thought I was loosing my mind.
  • EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    I confirm the same. When playing around with Commander Bandspread, clicking on spots on different bands makes the slice receiver move to the spot frequency but on the same panadapter (and "out of view" because there is no band change) and the hardware goes to WIDE bandpass filters, which may not be desirable. This happens even if you have a panadapter opened in the band of the spot. The flexibility (panadapters/slices) of the Flex6000 family is a challege. This is clear. As an enthusiast of DXLabs I am confident Commander will grow to take advantage of all that flexibility... :) Cheers..
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    It is not a Commander issue rather a smartSDR issue. I've brought this up many times and I think there are plans to changes how the tuning is done but I don't know any specifics. 73 Greg
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I spoke to Rick at HRD months ago and he gave me the same answer as our elmer BobT.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.