Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HELP cant get receiver to mute on CW with Foot Switch "OR" break-in keying

roger palmer
roger palmer Member
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
New Version v1.0.0 on my 6500 on CW when I key the TRANSMITTER receiver is still on. when I push my FOOT SWITCH (MOX) receiver is still on, it does seem like it disconnects antenna, but receiver wide open. any ideas? Thanks K7ERQ

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Sounds like you are operating in a QSK mode of operation where the receiver is not blanked on transmit. You need to adjust your CW Delay value (in Radio Setup - >CW) to a higher value to turn on Receiver blanking while transmitting.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Help me understand what is happening that you don't like. Is it what is shown on the Panadapter? Or what is coming out of the speakers/headphones? If you don't want the transmitter to drop out between elements or characters in CW mode, you can move the CW Delay slider up. I can't really tell whether this will address your issue based on your description or not though.
  • roger palmer
    roger palmer Member
    edited October 2013
    I am operating in CW. if I push my Foot Switch (PTT) to go to manual switching of TX-RX the receiver drops volume about 10% but is still is producing AUDIO (LIKE THE ANTENNA IS DISCONNECTED) when I KEY the TX with a CW key there is a SPLIT SECOND DELAY before the TX keys, so It does not transmit the first letter of any word I send. latency of aprox 1/2 second before tx takes of after I press the KEY!. when actually producing rf output from the TX...The NOISE (receiver audio) is gone. BUT receiver noise immediately comes back before delay releases the inner relays. something isn't working correctly. did not have this issue until I updated to v1. doesn't matter if I am using the break-in setting or MOX, the latency of one letter on cw at about 28 words a minute. extending the delay slider doenst solve this issue my cell phone 1 801 372 2528
  • roger palmer
    roger palmer Member
    edited October 2013
    EXACTLY!
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    If I operate without the foot switch then there is complete silence between dots and dashes on transmit with a delay set, however, if I use the foot switch then there is receiver noise but significantly reduced and I didn't detect any signals.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    In my situation, signals go from -105 db to -120 db just pressing the foot switch and no tranmission. Apparently the circuit the foot switch is in does not mute the receiver.
  • roger palmer
    roger palmer Member
    edited October 2013
    NO WAY! DO NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM!
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    This issue still exists in 1.05 using a foot switch. No getting full muting when using a foot switch, however, when running QSK not a problem.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Don, this makes sense now. Our v1.0 release focused on providing world class QSK and overlooked testing the foot switch use case. We had not seen this in testing because we and all our alpha testers use break in CW. One of our guys is a serious CW contester and he missed it for that very reason. We will get this entered to be fixed. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you can use break in CW in the interim.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    This has been entered as defect number DE1481.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    No apologies necessary. Just keep up the good work.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.