Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT doc confusion

Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR CAT
CAT doc confusion The use of ports in CAT is a bit confusing. For example the guidance about how to connect DDUtil in the user guide seems in conflict with the release notes for 1.1.7. See the snapshot below. It would be helpful to include a more detailed description (maybe a full chapter) on the use of CAT ports with the various third party programs. I think a contributing factor to the confusion is how PowerSDR and V2 of DDUtil interacted. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ ************ Click to enlarge *************
Tagged:

Answers

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Al, There is no conflict. The CAT User Manual section you have highlighted is telling you how to connect DDUtil_V3 to N1MM or another logging program. The section you highlighted in the release notes is telling you how to connect DDUtil_V3 to SmartSDR CAT. DDUtil_V3 does not use a serial port to communicate with SmartSDR, but rather communicates directly via an IP connection. All other programs that need to communicate with the radio will use a serial port connection to DDUtil_V3. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ray, Thanks, does that mean if my only connections to the radio are DDUtil and SmartSDR I don't need to use CAT at all? Regards, Al
  • Norbert
    Norbert Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Hi ..please give me some help to configure N1MM , DDutil and Flex6700: my current installation: N1MM: COM 6 Speed 9600, N,8,2 DTR: PTT, RTS : Always Off COM 6: DTR: CW, RTS: PTT DDUtil: COM 6-16 dedicated COM7-17 (ptt dtr/rts) If I key the F keys the Flex is reacting in the Rhythm of the Contents of the F Key also the PA Expert 1K is switching via the CAT signals but no RF coming out of the Flex. CW with the internal and my external Winkeyer is running perfect with the new SmartSDR 1.0.0 Any hints are welcome. 73 Norbert DJ7jc
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Terminology confusion -- Yes, you are using CAT. It is just that DDUTil_V3 uses an IP connection to SmartSDR CAT instead of a serial port connection -- it is still CAT. 73, Ray, K9DUR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.