Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Default When adding a second Receiver (+RX)

Ken W9IE
Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
If I am operating CW for example, and I add a second Receiver (+RX) It would be nice if the second Receiver opened up with the same features as the First Receiver. IE: CW same passband etc etc. I am most likely going to set up split and do not want to take the time to reconfigure the new Receiver for CW. The Same would also be true if I was operating SSB.
Tagged:
2 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    That makes it work for any situation or you don't need to use the feature if you don't want to. Great way to impliment the Idea. Ken W9IE
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I agree 150% -- 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Great idea!
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    If you like it, don'f forget to click on the +1 to bump up the LIKE count and raise it up in the priority list. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Excellent idea Al. And I would also add a drop window with a control label that says "TRACK" and the drop window will present available slices that are open. 73 Greg AB7R
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    All great ideas! I've changed this to an idea topic instead of a question.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Al, I think you stay up all day and all night thinking up these good ideas!
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    I like this idea too. Assume for the moment that there is no clone button on the Slice control though. I can see that you would want to copy the first Slice's settings when you push +RX the first time. What would you do if there was more than one Slice and the settings weren't the same though?
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Eric, That dilemma is the reason I suggested the CLONE button on the slice. You can pick the slice you want to duplicate with a single button click. If you use the +RX button you would have to list all of the existing slices (there could be 1, 2 or 3) so the user could pick the one they want to duplicate. So it becomes a 2 click operation. Also the user would have to make sure they look carefully at the existing slices to pick the correct one. When you see a DX station working split and want to clone a slice to work split, I think it would be better to make it a quick and sure ONE CLICK event. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I ditto all the commends... May I suggest and alarm to wake me up when there is a rare DX. I will hooked up to my ADT alarm
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Coming In V1.2 -- From the April 2014 Insider:
    • When you create a new slice receiver, we copy the closest slice receiver's settings so you start with a receiver that looks just like the other one you had in the band
    Automatically "clone a slice" --- No more having to set up all the various setting when adding a slice to work split !!!!

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That is going to be very nice! It is implemented even better than the initial idea, because it seems to place the slice right where you did the double-click.
  • Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks to all the Flex Radio Personnel and all the Hams who commented and supported
    My Idea...   With a Special Thanks to Al NN4ZZ for his graphic representations...

I can't wait to see the actual 1.2 Version in action...   I do a lot of Split CW, and sometimes
    every second counts.

Also It is so very Rewarding to be able to suggest an IDEA and then to see it
    accepted....     This Flex 6000 Series brings more user involvement, technical advancements,
    and down right FUN to the Hobby than most of us thought possible...
    Soon more and more of the Ham Radio Community will be able to take part in it.

Thanks again to everyone ...

Ken   W9IE

PS:   Still waiting for something new with RTTY.....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.