Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frequency Display Alignment

Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in New Ideas
Frequency Display Alignment Could the frequency grid line be aligned with the FIRST digit in the frequency? Currently it seems to vary and lines up with the second digit, period, etc. Example below for 20M showing current and suggested.... Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    As current center is fine
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I do not understand why this is needed. The exact frequency is displayed in the box above. The location of the frequency line varies with frequency. If Flex were to always align the frequency with the first digit, then the scale would be incorrect. In your example "suggested", the scale display is now incorrect. The larger of the two signals to the left has appeared to be at a different frequency.
  • Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Lets keep Flex focused on having all that the 3000, 5000 has . Within most of our lifetime
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    As long as the numbers at the bottom correspond with the grid lines, then this is strictly an aesthetic issue. It might be more intuitive to new users if the grid lines extended into the frequency axis with tick marks and lined up with the center or edge of the number. That being said I second Ed's motion to concentrate on the features that we have come to expect on SDR radios.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I am not sure ragrding corresponding grid line to the exactly any digits of the frequency, but markers on the freq line i assume will be very appreciated

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.