Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Balanced Microphone/Line Input

What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Balanced Microphone/Line Input to a Heil Pro Set PR781? What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Balanced Microphone/Line Input to a Heil Pro Set 6? What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Microphone input (front panel) to a Heil Pro Set PR781? What specific adaptor do I need for my Flex 6700 Microphone input (front panel) to a Heil Pro Set 6?

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don't know about the Pro-set 6, but I believe the PR-781 has an XLR connector. If you want to connect it to the rear balanced input, just use a standard XLR female to XLR male mike cable. Alternately, you can use a balanced XLR Female to 1/4 inch TRS (Standard 1/4" stereo headphone type) connector. The rear balanced connector is a dual-type connector that accepts both XLR and 1/4" TRS. Nice! I recommend the XLR input on the rear if you have, or can get, a standard balanced XLR cable. I am using the 1/4" TRS because I already had one made up for another rig. The front mic (8 pin) input is wired like the standard Yaesu connector.
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I'm using a Heil 781 into the XLR on the back. Just plug it in and select Balanced. The audio is superb.
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    edited July 2016
    Ken's description of the XLR cable for the 781 is correct.
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    I am going to need to construct a cable for the mic i am using -- does anyone know the pin out connection on the back panel 3-Pin XLR?
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    edited July 2016
    I suggest you simply buy a ready made cable. They aren't expensive. If you want the details see the Wikipedia entry for XLR connector. It provides the information for each pin and even shows the XLR/phone connector used on the 6700. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLR_connector
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Here is the Amazon pointer to the cable I am using for my Heil Headset. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026K8X7O/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item It is Your Cable Store 6 Foot XLR 3 Pin Male To RCA Male Cable and costs $5.99
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the leads. I am trying to connect a Heil Goldline (XLR 4) to the Flex6700 Balanced Audio using the XLR 3 jack. I searched the internet for a premade cable but didn't find one (until yesterday via DXEngineering) but by that time I had purchased the parts (about 1/2 the price of the premade cable). I am attaching a diagram of what I am doing. Even though I think I have the answer to the pin out question, I have to say that I am not 100% confident -- there are a lot of contradicting information on the pin outs on both the XLR4 & 3. I hope I have it right.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Bill, That looks correct to me.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have the connectors and cable to make up this cable to connect my Heil Goldline to my 6700. What I haven't figured out is should I connect the XLR connector shells to the shield, both ends, only one end (which one?) or neither end?
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I use a Heil CC-1-XLR-Y-BAL adapter (and foot switch) for my EV RE-27 Mic, connected to the 8-pin mic input on the front of my 6700.  Works great.  What steered me in this direction was a post I read in another forum...

"I was confused by what cable to buy for my mic. I sent an email to Flex and within one hour I had replies from Tim Ellison and Matt Youngblood both advising me to get the CC-1-XLR-Y-BAL because the 6300 mic connector is "Pseudo balanced and provides better RFI immunity".

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.