Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ATU is not working correctly on my 6700

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I hooked up my G5RV test antenna to try out the 6700 on 80 thru 10 meters. The SWR varies on each band but is in reasonable range, but not 1:1 As an example, on most bands the SWR is between 1:15 to 1:2.5 without the ATU engaged. Clicking on ATU shows the "success" message, but the SWR reading either stays the same or gets worse. What is going on with this? I expect to see SWR 1:1 on the bar meter after engaging the ATU successfully, is this unrealistic? Is the ATU not yet working? Dave, W5UN

Comments

• W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    OK, now I see. One must click on TUNE, then click on the ATU button, This seems to be the way, NOT keydown and clicking on ATU. Any comments?
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    yup, ATU doesn't play right on cw...unless you hit tune first, or switch to ssb; known bug; they're on it...
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Dave, I am not sure what that a issue, I have equal algorithm on my 6700, but you are right, natively from the "old" radio, just press ATU should initiate complete process.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    on my 6500,clicking tune drops power to set tune value of 20 watts but it does not tune althogh atu is active. Then I click atu and it tunes but the power goes right back to 100 watts during the tune cycle. If then while this is happining I click tune, the atu stops. could be me and not the radio. mayb e someone can comment?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.