Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner problems

Dave
Dave Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Replaced my ICOM 756 with the Flex-6500 feeding an MFJ 1775. The Flex won't tune 30, 17, 12, and surprisingly, 10. On those bands, the ATU engages and then cycles (clicks on and off) at about 60 - 90 hz and I have to manually abort the operation. Flex SWR shows in excess of 3:1. The antenna on 10 shows less than 3:1. The MFJ 1775 advertises it will tune the above with a tuner. The Icom tuned all of them and has a much narrower tolerance.

Comments

• W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited October 2018
    You neglected to mention what version of SSDR code you have installed?
  • Dave
    Dave Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Running pre-release and 2.6.4. Had it about a week and still learning.
  • Dave
    Dave Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    client: v0.13.10.36751 hardware: v0.13.2.14
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I must use a LDG z-11proII to tune my antenna with my 6500 on those same bands. my T1, kx3, and of course the LDG all tune 3.5 to 52MHZ to 1.1. My Flex refuses! Was there an update to the tuner code?
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Try shutting everything and removing the DC from the radio for atleast 30 seconds and then try it again.. Some times just a good cold start will correct everything. If the issue continues, please open a Support Ticket call on the FlexRadio Help Desk. http://helpdesk.flexradio.com That will get it logged into the system.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I never see more than 75 watts out of my 6700 into a perfect 1:1 dummy load. This is distressing me Dave, W5UN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.