Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Minideluxe with DM780 and SmartSDR?

Arnie
Arnie Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Does anyone know if minideluxe will work with DM780 and SmartSDR from flexradio? If so, what settings are needed? Tnx de Arnie W8DU

Answers

• Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I've not tried Minideluxe, but I am running DM780 alone with SmartSDR. It works quite well. I am not using HRD or any CAT at this time.
  • Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    The HRD apps won't work directly with the F6K radios using SCAT (Smart Cat). However, DDUtil v3 has a special HRD Server built in that does work with the apps. If you wish to go that route please see the DDUtil v3 wiki at this link. http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=Features#HRD_Apps For DDUtil questions there is a Yahoo group also. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DDUtil/
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jim, how do you get the audio stream from the radio to DM780.
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    edited November 2018
    I'm using a SignalLink USB for the physical connection through the ACC connector on the FlexRadio 6700. As I understand it a physical device must be used pending a revision of that software that supports the virtual cable environment used on the 1500, 3000, and 5000 machines.
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Steve: Using the DDUtil approach, does that interface DM780 without the need to have HRD open? Tnx de Arnie W8DU
  • Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yes, it does. That's the whole point.
  • John VE1CDD
    John VE1CDD Member
    edited December 2016
    Yes, Minideluxe will connect to HRD Logbook allowing DM780 to be used. Of course, you still need an external interface (in my case SignaLink) for the audio. 73 John VE1CDD
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    But will minideluxe work with SmartSDR? If so, what settings are recommended? Tnx de Arnie W8DU
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jim: If you are not using any CAT, how are you accomplishing T/R changeover from DM780?
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    edited July 2016
    Having grown up with real radios that glow in the dark and are stand alone receivers and transmitters and often home built this seems much more straightforward than all the CAT, whatever, that may be useful for integrated logging, turning a beam, etc., but just adds lots of complexity (and computer cycle overhead) to simply go from receive to transmit and back: 1) Use the 6700 ACC connector to connect to a SignalLink USB. 2) Configure the DM780 soundcard option for the USB audio input and output of the SignalLink USB. 3) Use the PTT function available on the ACC with the SignalLink USB. You're done.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.