Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

S-Meter Still Reads 10 dBm High

John Stuart KM6QX
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Flex6700, v0.13.10 The S-Meter (both analog and digital value) is still 10 dBm higher than the panadapter value and my signal generator value, as follows: Input 7.1 MHz CW from signal generator at -73 dBm Panadapter peak bin reads correctly at -73 dBm But as screen capture below shows: The digital S-Meter reading is = -63.3 dBm And analog S-Meter shows ~S9+10 dBm, which is ~-63 dBm John Stuart, KM6QX

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Yes. it does. This defect has been previously reported and in on the list to be addressed in a future version of SmartSDR. Thank you for the report.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    We found the problem here. Before we had full calibration in the radio, a fudge factor was applied to the meter. After full calibrations were added, we forgot to remove the fudge factor. It has now been removed and should be in an upcoming version of the software.
  • K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Anxiously awaiting this a 5-7 minus 10b doesn't register with 90+ % of QSO's with rigs that don't have a clue about S-Meter calibration. My signal reports are what they really are and not 5-9 to satisfy the logging programs or ego's. What I see, is what you get...unless ya have an SDR receiver. Then it's ****-for -tat both ways. We are blessed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.