Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will this setup while learning the 6.5K work? Or does anyone see a 'fatal' problem?

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
As my 6.5K is due to arrive early next week, I trying to get this straight in my head. I'm pretty sure that the back of the 6.5K I have coming next week has those red/black female 12.volt connectors? I should be able to connect another cable to the Astron's power studs in parallel with the cable going to the 5K. As it's a 50 amp 'iron' type supply, it should supply both radios. For the time being, I will be switching back and forth between the 5K and 6.5K, while I learn the 6.6K So Switching antennas shouldn't be a problem. As I only have one coax connected to the 5K, and it goes to the Yaesu VL1000 which automagically selects the correct output port for one of my 4 coax cables. I will use a manual switch to connect one of the rigs to the amp input. All should be automatic except this manual rig selector switch. But should not be dangerous as the output from one of the rigs is still going into a patent amp/antenna system.

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.