Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

more noise in audio..

W5XZ - dan
W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
can still hear it when the speaker icon is muted...intermittent...random scratchy, popping junk; sounds like a noisy ****...using power speaker out on back panel to Creative T-10's...not super loud, but annoying...seems mode and ant selection independent...6500, win7 64, direct cat5e to shack pc.

Comments

• Dave-N9CHM
    Dave-N9CHM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Have you tried wrapping the speaker cord from the radio several turns around/through a toroid? Just a thought.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    yup. even jiggled the audio patch cord connectors on both ends, to no avail...99% sure the cable is good...it's very intermittent, not constant...tnx tip..73
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    When do you hear the noise? Please describe in detail.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    it is very intermittent and irregular; to hear it, mute the speaker icon, and just wait...can go a few minutes with nothing...then 'spf spffff crackle spfff.........spff...' just like a scratchy ****, or a loose cable, or bad connection..then quiet, few seconds to few minutes, noise again. At first I suspected my speakers amps, but disconnected the audio in line and they go dead quiet; to me, that confirms it's coming from the radio...it's not '**** you outta the room' loud, but it's there, and superimposed on top of what you're trying to hear with the speaker un-muted...I DO have the gain on the Creative T-10's turned up quite high...have not confirmed if it's coming out of the front panel headphone jack...this morning, it was even superimposed over my side tone signal...very rough sounding...but hear it on Receive only, mostly...have heard it several days in a row now...13.10 software, of course...
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited June 2019
    Which mute? Slice or the master at the top of the SSDR main window?
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    slice mute
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    I can not reproduce this issue, Is anyone else observing this behavior?
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Tried both a master mute and a slice mute and then a master and slice mute and the results were complte silence in all three conditions on my 6700 with 13.10. Al N4AB
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    this morning, i'm hearing the saame low level noises on the speaker channels without the rig even connected, but rig turned on. power off 6500, goes away...
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    That is my results too.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Do you have different speakers to try?
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    yes, but running out of time; (QSY salt mine); most obvious with the T-20's ( correction ) volume control turned up all the way..
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I'll QRX
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    well, i'll be darned....my cheapo 'cyber acoustic' $20 speakers are dead silent...anybody wanna buy some creative T-20's?....tim, can you dump this whole thread? i'm full of it, again...even tried disconnecting the cat5e wire, still had noise with the t-20's...guess i'll take em to the office...73
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the update Dan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.