Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6500 Panadapter Display Problems

George  WD4ARN
George WD4ARN Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When I have two panadapters loaded and have the band selected in both to 80M I find that I have problems selecting a new band for the top panadapter. It will, in all cases except 60M, not change bands no matter which band button you select. You can add slice receivers to any of the bands selected. In addition to the above, during this process I noticed that I could now add a third panadaper and set the band to what I wanted. You can add a slice receiver to this third panadapter if no more than two are used. The attached screen shot shows what this looks like. George WD4ARN Flex-6500 V0.13.10

Comments

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I believe this applies which was taken from the known issues of the release notes 13.10: 19. FLEX-6700 support for 8 spectrum displays/slice receivers and FLEX-6500 support for 4 spectrum displays/slice receivers is not currently implemented. Only 4 and 2 spectrum displays/slice receivers respectively are currently supported
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited June 2020
    I am using multiple medium sized monitors (4) rather than one really big one. I have been unable to drag a panadapter to another monitor. It just occurs to me that I should attempt to create a panadapter on another monitor but most other programs allow their windows to be moved around the whole desktop.
  • Dave-N9CHM
    Dave-N9CHM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Yes, I was wondering about this too, I would like to move the 2nd panadapter on my 6500 to my 2nd screen, but it just snaps back to the main monitor. Figured it might have something to do with needing 2 SCUs, maybe not, just a feature not yet implemented.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    What you are describing is spectrum display modality or un-docking spectrum displays. This is something we plan to look at for SmartSDR.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes! That would be nice!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This is true, but I have found that on my 6500 I CAN have one panadapter with two slices opened in it and still open a second panadapter WITHOUT any receive slices active in it. I thought this was interesting. The two slices in the first "pan" can even be pretty far apart and still open a second "pan" and visually observe a pretty wide spectrum.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I had Georges problem occur on my 6500 on several occasions. When this happens I am not able to slide the slice frequency around in the upper display, it is frozen in place. Restarting SSDR did not fix... Had to drop power to resolve. Dennis, k0eoo
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am building a portable radio using a Gator GSR2U bag, where the 6700, laptop (cannot open the monitor while walking), and battery will be mounted inside with an external (12V) second monitor. Two questions: 1) Will undocking be available in 1.1, or later, so the active panadapter may move to the external monitor? 2) RadioWorld (Canada) have not been able to supply the ears (rack mounting adapters) - Is FlexRadio shipping them to the field?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.