Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Random Crashes with 0.13.10

K6OZY
K6OZY Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
The prior versions have been pretty stable. This version has been crashing quite often where SmartSDR says the software has lost connect to the radio. The radio obviously crashed and is not available until it internally self cycles and then is available again. I have not been able to put my finger on what triggers it. Is there any way to harvest logs internally of the radio to see if it produces any useful root cause? Something in the radio must be coring or causing a kernel panic.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I am converting this problem topic into a HelpDesk ticket to assign you a case number for problem resolution.
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This sounds like the same problem that happen when you double click on a band button on a panadapter setup window. I reported this problem last night and there is a subject about it on the 6700 community thread. Hope this helps. Al N4AB
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi Al, I think you are right. I was able to recreate the crash clicking on a band number a few times too fast. In a VM, when the Band flyout menu is visible, the FPS of SmartSDR plummets. I bet I accidentally multi-clicked since the UI is lagged. Tim, I think this is the same issue as Al. We can likely dismiss it for now. Thanks for being willing to take it to the next step though.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.