Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will the Heil adaptor AD-1-k with a Heil headset and the Flex 6500?

Jim k7my
Jim k7my Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    No, it will not. That cable is for connecting a headset to a Kenwood radio. All FlexRadio Systems' SDRs are pinned out like Yaesu radios.
  • Jim k7my
    Jim k7my Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you for your prompt response. I was confused by your use of Kenwood TS2000 on other flex radios. I will be using my 6500 this weekend for the NAQP SSB contest and wanted to use the headset. I will pick up the AD-1-Y unit. 73 Jim / k7my
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    We only emulate the Kenwood CAT commands for compatibility with programs that do not support the FlexRadio type commands. That is where the confusion may have some in.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Jim; I recently found an interesting reference for the audio response of the Heil Pro 6 headset. Since Heil doesn't seem to publish the headset response it is the best I could find. http://www.ges.cz/sheets/h/heil_pse6.pdf I have been using the following settings (left to right, 63 to 4k) -5, -5, +1,+1,+1, +5,+7 Unfortunately the bands haven't been really good enough to get a real critical audio report with my barefoot signal. Other stations say good audio but also say signal isn't really strong. I would be interested in your experiences.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    EQing is a mix of getting the frequency response of the input device (mic) flat and minimal boosting where your own voice needs a little spectral enhancement.  Based on the frequency response curve, I would boost 63 and 125, not cut to flatten out the low end of that mic element.  Also make sure you have the voice processor on and I'd use the DX setting.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.