Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 CAT Commands

Ed, K0KC
Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
edited September 2017 in SmartSDR CAT
Does the 6700 recognize (relevant) TS-2000 CAT commands? Does a summary of recognized CAT commands for the 6700 exist at this point in time?
Tagged:

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    SmartSDR CAT supports a subset of Kenwood CAT commands as well as the FlexRadio ("ZZ") CAT commands too. We will be making the SmartSDR CAT documentation available for download with the next version of SmartSDR, which will have an updated SmartSDR CAT version included with it as well.
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Thanks, Tim! I use WSJT-X for JT65 and JT9 and have noted that the few CAT commands that WSJT-X uses seem to work fine when I select TS-2000, so I suspected that it was compatible with at least some of the relevant TS-2000 commands. I have not yet made-up an analog cable to go from my SignalLink USB box to the 6700 so that I can test some of the digital modes.
  • Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Looking forward to Documentation on how to use the SmartSDR CAT System
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Can't get WSPR or FLDIGI to trigger PTT through CAT. Am I missing something? Andrew
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Andrew, I have only tested WSJT-X v1.1.1 with CAT but things worked fine. This is obvious, but have you changed the COM port numbers in Fldigi and WSPR to the ones that the 6x00 COM software lists?
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ed, CAT comes up on COM4. TX and RX commands work in test. Set WSPR or FLdigi to COM4. FLdigi won't wont key PTT. TS480 or 2000. WSPR reports an error. I do have virtual COM port pairs under VSPManager for PSDR. CAT doesn't see them. COM4 doesn't appear in device manager. What else to try? Andrew
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Andrew, You have to use the smartsdr.xml file for RigCAT under Fldigi for full CAT integration with the FLEX-6000. Refer to the Fldigi documentation about how to set up RigCAT.
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Other than Tim's comment above, I cannot offer you any additional suggestions since I really have not done much with CAT on my 6700. Perhaps the upcoming documentation on CAT will give you some ideas.
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks ED and Tim, smartsdr.xml works and that gave me working settings for WSPR-X. Andrew
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Andrew, Where is the file smartsdr.xml installed under Windows?
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ed, I copied the file from Tim's link and saved it to ****/fldigi.files/rigs/smartsdr.xml. That's where the other files for PSDR and TS-480 reside. Andrew
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Thanks, Andrew! Now I guess I need to take the time to make up a cable from my SignalLink USB box to the 6700 to give Fldigi and the other digital applications that I use a try with the new Flex.
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ed, I am just using some stereo patch cables to the PC sound card and the Heil to Yaesu 8pin adapter. Andrew de VK5CV/VK5ZUC
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Andrew, I may do that for testing, but I want to use my internal PC sound card for other applications such as JTAlert.
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Well, guys, I made-up a cable for my SignalLink USB sound card and made my first digital (JT9) contact with the 6700 this afternoon. It was quite a chore getting the audio levels correct, but everything looks good now. The CAT commands in WSJT-X work fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.