Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone having connection trouble on Mint Mobile (T-Mobile) or with iOS17.6.1?

I just switched as a test from ATT to Mint. I'm not sure if what I am seeing is a Mint problem or a software problem.

If I use SmartSDR on my iphone (iphone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17.6.1), when connected to WiFi, it works perfectly. When connected via celluar, I connect and get a partial screen (see attached). It's like its connected yet, most of the panadapter screen does not fill.

In an effort to see if its the cell network, I took my iPad running SmartSDR and connected it using my iphone as a hotspot. It works perfectly. So its probably not speed or throughput or another network issue.

In the past, the iphone on cellualr data has worked perfectly when I used ATT, but since switching, I've also has an iOS update occur and so not sure what to think.

Ideas?

73 de Tom, N9GUN

Best Answer

• N4RAG
    N4RAG Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi, you need to use a VPN if your phone is T-Mobile.

Answers

• reed
    reed Member ✭✭

T-mobile doesn't pass UDP traffic on 5G.

• Tom OBoyle
    Tom OBoyle Member ✭✭

I just tried with my VPN. That works.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

As others have said, T-Maybe has decided to block VITA49 UDP traffic on their 5G networks. I fought with them for over a year and threw in the towel. I moved my iPhone and iPad back to Verizon while leaving 3 other phones on T-Maybe. Sure, it would be cheaper to move all 4 lines but there are logistic reasons why the other phones did not move/

On a side note - moving back to Verizon (2 1/2 yrs absent) I went from an iPhone 14 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max and free iPad 10th gen with cellular and came out $180 ahead after fees. You have to know how to push the carriers. Not to mention during porting my iPhone did not work for 17 hours.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.