Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3.8.19 Looks great so far

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I just got home from a week of camping in SD and WY, so I missed the unveiling of 3.8.19. I loaded it without issue when I got home today and so far, it is working great (obviously very limited testing…).

The new voice-squelch functionality works well. I will likely use it on SSB nets where everyone has a strong signal. I am sure that I won't use it when chasing weak DX! It looks like the default is squelch ON, squelch level 20. I need more like squelch level 38 - 58 depending on band and conditions. I turned squelch OFF in my profiles as I will likely want it off most of the time.

So far, all of my Flex utilities, N3FJP logger, FRStack3, and my TeensyMaestro are working as before. This is not surprising, as the API is not likely to change, except to accommodate new or changed functionality.

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Check the Wide Noise Blanker. The thing is stellar on my 6500.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Yes! I have used mine since I got my 6400. I generally get around a 3 dB reduction in noise, but it can be as much as 10 dB on some bands.

If you happen to have the type of noise that it removes, you really can't operate without it. If you are lucky enough to not have that noise, then the WNB doesn't help you much.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.