Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Legacy Desk/Hand Microphone Interface to a PC

KF2B
KF2B Member
I'm a new 6400 user and wanted to use my Icom SM-20 desk mic with my PC to control my 6400 so I designed and made a PC board to fit into a small plastic box and have the features to interface to a PC. I'm willing to post the design but didn't know if there would be interest for something like this.
Basically this has the 8 pin mic connector, the PTT interface to a com port (via the CTS pin as posted in the forum), has a clean 8 volt bias power supply from USB power, configurable for Icom or Kenwood pinouts via cuttable jumpers (stock is Icom), currently 20dB gain with bandpass filter to interface to the PC, TRS audio output to the PC sound mic input on the PC, output potentiometer adjust, and should have the ability to implement the freq-up and freq-down buttons on the microphones but have not gotten to that software yet.
My prototype is working nicely and I have been using it with nice audio reports but my documentation and photos would need to be cleaned up if others would like to look at it or build one. Would anyone else be interested in this and if so, where would I post my documentation when it is ready to share?
Thanks.
Jamie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.